Wild West Paddle Club (WWPC) is a nonprofit organization offering introductory instruction in whitewater kayaking for young, aspiring paddlers’ ages 10-18 years old. Our highly skilled volunteer instructors help provide beginners with a safe and fun learning environment as we build skills ranging from the basics to more advanced whitewater skills. Topics covered during our summer sessions include an introduction to kayaking equipment, river safety, proper paddling, bracing, eddy turns, bow rescues, reading the river, and more.
Session 1: June 11 to June 27
Session 2: July 9 to August 1
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 6:00 pm (Times may vary slightly to accommodate travel to river sections)
- Participation in the course is “challenge by choice.” Instructors recommend students try to attend all sessions but it is not required.
- Please note that acceptance into this program, at any level, is subject to our coaches discretion.
- Course Fees: $120/Session 1; $160/Session 2
- Purchase both sessions and receive a $30 discount ($250 total)!
- Scholarships and multiple children discounts available.
ALL equipment provided.